Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekend

This weekend started on Friday morning when Jared missed the bus. As Jared was putting on his coat he looked out the window and saw his bus leaving and broke down almost to tears. Jared is a stickler for following the rules and doing things way they are suppose to be done so missing the bus was stressful for him. Luckily for him we have a second vehicle now (hallelujah!) so we all loaded up and dropped him off at school. -Let me just say real fast that school carpool lanes are a pain and I'm sure there has to be a better system out there for getting your kids to school-
After we dropped off Jared Anna and I got ready to go to the Baltimore Children's Science Museum. Anna was invited to go with a friend from church and she had a lot of fun. There was a really neat dinosaur exhibit that allowed the kids to excavate bones and learn all about dinosaurs.

Friday night, after playing at some friends house, Kevin went off to a boyscout camping trip. In the morning after fixing the boys breakfast he came home and we pretty much hung out all day at the house.
Anna woke up Sunday morning with a cough and a fever and I wasn't feeling well either. An hour or two later it was apparent , as I was hovering over the toilet, that we weren't going to make it to church. Kevin let me sleep most of the day and took care of the kids. Not sure if it was a 24 hour stomach flu or fun pregnant moments, but I'm finally starting to feel a little bit better.
We woke up this morning to this: Three to four inches of snow! It is March for crying out loud! I thought Spring was on its way, but I guess I was wrong. It was actually pretty to wake up to and it is suppose to warm up to the 60's by this upcoming weekend so I shouldn't complain too much. Jared's school was canceled and so was Kevin's. So here we are on Monday continuing our weekend enjoying each others company, but hoping for warmer weather and better health.

1 comment:

jkmace said...

I know what you mean, we got a foot of snow and half of our town has been without power since sunday night! We are loving the snow...my kids have never had this much. Enjoy your family time, I know that we are! Good luck with the pregnancy!Can't wait for you!