Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pregnancy Update

I had an appointment this morning. I was late due to a dome light in the van being left on. I had to flag down a random neighbor to give our van a jump so I could get to the appointment. The man I found ended up not speaking English, but after some charades he figured out my problem and agreed to come over and help. I've got some pumpkin bread in the oven for him as a thank you.
Anyway I finally got to the doctors and here is the scoop. I am currently (for the third week now) dilated at a 1. Because this is a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) I need to be dilated to at least a 3 in order for him to induce me. All his inducements and surgeries are scheduled on Fridays. So if I'm favorable at my next appointment then I could have this baby on the 3rd! If not I have till the 10th to get favorable or go into labor myself otherwise I'm going under the knife. Cesarean is not our first choice, but we are thankful for anyway way a child and mother can safely get through the birthing process.
My mom comes out this Wednesday and will be here till the 20 something of the month. So we will have lots of help. Poor Kevin has a ton of tests around the week that we are due and I'm not sure how he is going to do it yet. Jared has Spring Break the week of the 6th so that will be nice to have him home and not have to worry about getting him back and forth to school and home. Anna is super excited to be a big sister and continues to give us baby name advice. She has moved away from Isabella and turned to more sophisticated names like "Table", "Chair", "Spoon", or whatever else she has in her line of sight. I'm pretty sore in my back and joints due to all the extra weight I'm carrying and my ribs are getting quit the beating, but I'm not complaining. At least not yet. Ask me how I'm doing in about 10 days.

11 comments:

Rinez said...

Wow, to think that your little one is making final preparations to come to this earth is very awesome. What a sacred, special time. I think you should post a picture of YOU. We'll be waiting to hear!

Julie said...

WOW! It's getting close, Good luck girly!

Joyelle said...

Best to you Tiff!!! How exciting! That's such a funny story about the appointment! LOL Can't wait for the newest baby girl to be here safely and a happy healthy mama!! :)
ps- LOVE the names :) lol

Amanda P. said...

How exciting Tiff! I will be crossing my fingers that you'll be able to have her naturally.

Anonymous said...

Geez. You couldn't have said "regular" delivery, or "non-casarean" delivery, or ANY OTHER WORD!?!?! Good grief!

Just teasin'. Glad to hear birthday is coming soon!

Tiana said...

You can do it!! Tiffany you are amazing...best of luck with everything.

Charity said...

I was just thinking about you the other day. Glad things are getting close. You have such a positive attitude about it...post some pictures will you?

Anonymous said...

I hope it all turns out just how you hope it will. Best of luck and can't wait to meet (someday) your cute little girl.

The Wilsons said...

Soooo exciting...the countdown! Best of luck. Hope everything works out the very best way...

Why is it that babies are often due at the busiest times for the family?!? Kyle was that way! :) Good luck to Kevin with all of his tests and stuff!

The Mead's said...

Yeah you are almost there! I can't wait to see what she looks like your other kids are so cute.

Anonymous said...

Hey coach, you should post a picture. Ha I remember when you 'dropped it' (the dance move) when you were like 8 months pregnant with Anna. I remember thinking I wanted to be just like that when I'm poppin! best of luck!