Saturday, December 13, 2008

Old Friends

10 Years ago from now Kevin and I were students at Southern Virginia College. I had finished up my soccer season and was now helping Coach Dryden and Coach Harmon with the Women's Basketball team and Kevin was in the middle of his first Basketball season at SVC. We had a lot of really great friends, but for me there were two that had a really great impact on my experience at school. One was Kerianne Wall.

She was the first person I ever met at SVC. I remember coming down the steps of Main and being greeted by a bubbly blond wearing a yellow shirt tucked into her jeans with a brown belt. (crazy the things we remember) She would soon join the Women's soccer team and become something of a legend. Katie Terry was another one of the first people I met at SVU.

Mostly I remember meeting her because she got to move into the room with its own bathroom. She would also be another soccer teammate if mine and later my roommate. The three of us and a few others soon became inseparable and had a lot of fun over the next few years.
Katie lives in Utah now and had planned to make a trip out East to visit with some friends and the college so I met up with her and Kerianne (who lives in BV at the moment) It is funny how with some friendships time and space make no difference. I haven't seen Katie in about 8 years and yet nothing has changed between the two of us. Kerianne is the same as ever as well. Katie flew into Baltimore and Kerianne was suppose to pick her up, but got stuck in traffic, so I zipped down to pick up Katie and we got to visit for a few hours while we waited for Kerianne. The next day we met up at the D.C. temple and visited as well.

It was so fun to see my friends again. If we could have predicted where we would have been in 10 years when we first met I'm sure we never would have imagined the lives we were living now. Life has handed us each many twist and turns some great and some we have had to make great, but it is nice to know that no matter where we are or how great or disappointed we might feel there are those few old friends that love us no matter what!

6 comments:

Sunshine Promises said...

Wow! Haven't seen these faces forever. Crazy. Kerianne looks the same as ever (LOVE the typical Kerianne face) and Katie - wow - I haven't seen her since my SVU days. How fun that you got to meet up and reconnect. I ditto the "old friends" comment. I am so grateful for those low-maintenance friendships that stand the test of time . . . no matter what.

jkmace said...

too jealous!! I hope you all have tons of fun TOGETHER!!

Dan and Katie said...

I love you girls!

Julie said...

Looks like you guys had a great time catching up...! I miss those days in Virginia.

katie said...

i love you!

Anonymous said...

You all look just the same. It warmed my heart to see you together again. I sure do miss you. Hope you are well!