Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Getting to Know You

My sister in law Lacey emailed this to me and so I thought I'd play along and answer the questionnaire.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Paper. I love to come up with different ways to add accents with bows, flowers, and ribbons.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
I grew up with a real tree and Kevin grew up with artificial. We had a real tree when we were first married, but couldn't pass up the after Christmas sales and buy an artificial tree. It has payed itself back two or three times now. Some day when we have a big house I would like to have two trees. One artificial and one real. I really love the smell of a real tree.

3. When do you put up the tree?
As soon as Thanksgiving is over. Kevin and the kids get it all set up (it is one of Kevin's favorite traditions) and I put on the lights.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Sometime in the first week of January
5. Do you like eggnog?
Ew! There is just something really wrong with that drink!
6.Favorite gift received as a child?
Our dog Smokey. That was the year I began to believe in Santa again.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
Kevin and Jared as he gets older.
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes. One nice one and the two cloth ones the kids get to play with.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I mail them each year or hand deliver them.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
All Christmas gifts are given out of love and that makes each and every one special no matter what they look like or how much they cost.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Holiday Inn, White Christmas, and Polar Express
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
October-November.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
All Christmas sweets!

16. Lights on the tree?
We've gone back and forth through the years between color and white. This year color.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
All of them. I have Christmas music playing from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas Day. If I had to narrow down to one it would be "A Long Time Ago." It was a song my mom heard on a tape one day and my sister, mom, and I sat down and wrote it out on paper and since have performed it over the years.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I would much rather be home for Christmas Eve and Day, but then travel after. This year we will be home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Of course, Dasher, Dancer,Prancer,Vixen, Comet, Cupid Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
A star.


21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Always one present Christmas Eve... new PJ's.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Fighting all the crazies at the store.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I love traditional green garland with red accents. I also love my tree which is covered with handmade ornaments made by my grandmother for every year since Jared, Anna, and myself have been born as well as one for Kevin for every year since we have been married.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Kevin's family tradition of finger foods for Christmas Eve and Ham for Christmas Day.
26. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Our house sold two weeks ago so we are set!

2 comments:

Tarwater Family said...

It sounds like you are all set. I loved reading all of your traditions. Have a very Merry Christmas.

The Wilsons said...

This is so fun...thanks for sharing!