Saturday, December 6, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!


Early this afternoon while we were putting together Christmas packages we looked out the window and noticed SNOW! The kids wanted to go outside right away, but I assured them that there would be more to play with if they let it pile up first. After a few hours they went outside and played. It is a good thing we have this little balcony because I could observe their playing from within my warm home sipping hot chocolate. I am not a cold person at all! Kevin and Jared are both Alaska boys through and through (note Jared's shorts and crocs and Kevin's bare feet) Anna might as well be an Alaska girl; playing outside in the snow wearing a dress (Brrrr!) Jared built a snow man, well two actually, the first one "accidentally" got pushed over the ledge. He needed Kevin to help him arrange the mouth so bare feet and all Kevin stepped out to help them.

7 comments:

sbdunn said...

Tiff - your just destined to be in the snow. you might as well get used to it.

Becky said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe he's out there in bare feet! Crazy! Hey, we want to have you guys over when I start feeling better. Hopefully that will be sooner than later!

Amanda P. said...

Sounds like a fun evening for your family! I like to enjoy the warm house when the kids are outside too. :)-

The Wilsons said...

Oy! This California girl is cringing at shorts, Crocs, bare feet, etc. in the SNOW!!!!! BRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Stephen said...

Oh what fun. Too bad it ddn't come a week earlier.

Parks Family said...

In my defense, I didn't have any shoes within 25 feet when Jared asked for help with his snowman. Even I cringed at the thought of going outside without shoes but it was only for a second.

Rinez said...

Snow, snow, snow! It's beautiful, but beyond that, nope! It's fun to see the kids enjoy it, though!