Wednesday, February 18, 2009

FREEDOM!!!!!

We are now a two vehicle family! While living in Buena Vista one car was all we really needed. Kevin could walk to work and I could walk just about anywhere I needed and the four of us fit nicely in our little Saturn, but since moving to Baltimore and expecting another little bundle of joy it became apparent that we would need (like) another bigger vehicle. Lucky for us the sale of our home in Virginia was timed just perfect for us to be able to afford another car. We began seriously looking online and around town in November. We took a chance and put a bid on a Honda Odyssey in February and won! Lucky for us my brother, Thad, lived about 45 minutes from the van in Missouri and drove up to take a look at it and the business owner to make sure things were legitimate for us. Thank you so much Thad! Everything looked great and so we went ahead and bought it, now we just needed to get the van from Missouri to Maryland.

Kevin had the idea that we fly my mom and dad to Missouri and they could visit Thad's family and then drive the van out to us. They both thought that was a great idea and used Presidents Day weekend for the trip. They spent a day and a half with Thad and about the same time with us. Thank you thank you mom and dad for taking the time for the trip! Now we have a vehicle that will fit our family better and I am no longer stuck at home all day without transportation! Sweet Freedom!

8 comments:

Becky said...

Sweet! Let's plan some playdates!

Lacey said...

Nice looking car! We're still in the one car club, but you give me hope for the future ;)!

Rinez said...

Whoo Hoo! Your Mom told us it's a beauty! Enjoy!

MegiJones said...

that looks awesome!! We have been looking at Odysseys lately too, so let me know if you love it or not. We still have about 4 months before we NEED it...do you mind me asking all the details about yours and how much you got it for?? Like I said, we're still in the research stage and trying to know what is a good deal and what isn't...my email is megiaynjul@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

How exciting - a great deal and everything working out well makes it all the sweeter!

Parks Family said...

Hey Tiff, Love the building in the background. What exactly were you buying here? Honey, there are other ways to handle the stress of being married to a dental student than to turn to the bottle.
Kevin

jkmace said...

oh, so jealous!!! I can't wait to sale my home...this is what I am also looking forward too!! Congrats and hope all is well for you!

Anonymous said...

Too funny about the bottle in the background. I swear I didn't even notice it when I took that pic! Glad we could help! AND we definitely got a great part of the deal when we got to spend time with PaPa and Grandma Dunn!