Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween


This year our kids decided to be Disney Characters. They were inspired by the hats they picked out last Christmas when we all went down to Disneyland. Jared chose to be Max. Now I know his hat looks like Goofy, but to Jared it is not a Goofy hat because you see Goofy wears a green hat and this head doesn't have a green hat so it must be Goffy's son Max! I can't tell you how many times I have heard this explanation no matter how many times I tried to tell him, "Don't be disappointed if everyone thinks your are Goofy."
After our church's Halloween party and everyone thinking he was Goofy we decided to write MAX on his shirt in hopes everyone would get it right. Of course everyone called him Goofy while trick-or-treating but he didn't seem to mind seeing as how everyone was giving him candy.
Anna decided she wanted to be Minnie Mouse. Her hat from Disneyland was pink and of coarse she wanted a pink Minnie dress to match. this costume I'm am proud to say I sewed myself. However it is fair to say I spent an entire day completing it all the while not so nice words floating around my head as I bent over the darn thing with my seam ripper again and again and again. In the end it got finished though and looked all right.
In the end they had a great time and came home with a ridiculous amount of candy. Hope everyone else had a great Halloween!

2 comments:

Tarwater Family said...

Hey tiff, congrats on the new little one. I am excited to be able to keep im touch. Your children have grown so much. I hope all is well.

Becky said...

Hey Tiffany! I can't believe you made that cute little dress! It looks great! We had fun playing yesterday -we'll have to have you guys over here soon.