Sunday, September 14, 2008

LIFE (really not that interesting)

My dad was giving me a hard time because I'm not updating our blog on a regular basis even though they haven't updated theirs in a few weeks. Something like the pot calling the kettle black came to mind. So here is a day in the life of the Parks family.
6:15 am Kevin wakes up and gets ready for school. If I need the car that day then we all get up with him and drive him to the metro station.
7:00am breakfast for everyone else
8:50am we walk Jared down to his bus stop for school. School starts at 9:00am! crazy late if you ask me.
9:00am-3:45pm Anna and I hang out. We watch some PBS kids, play with polly pockets, do the barbies hair, play games, build forts, and just about any other thing kid you can imagine. When I'm not playing with Anna I'm readying the Twilight series (I've read it about 5-6 times in the last 3 weeks including Midnight Sun pathetic I know)p.s.thanks Sonnet for the book list. I'm going to the library this week to see what I can find.
3:50 pm-6:00pm Jared comes home has a snack and finishes his homework. Play, watch T.V. and make dinner
6:00 pm Kevin comes home and we eat dinner. Right after dinner Kevin pulls out the skipbo cards and plays a game or two with Jared. It has become a routine for the boys. (Sometimes they let me play but I usually win. HEHEHE)
7:30pm The kids head upstairs to brush teeth and get ready for bed.
8:00pm Kids in bed. Kevin and I relaxing
Well, there you go dad a day in the life! Now you know why I haven't blogged in a while. We really aren't up to much. Jared does like school and so does Kevin. Anna and I are making it through the day. We are all doing our best to adjust to city living, although we would all go back to small town living in a heartbeat. I'll try to do better in the future.

3 comments:

katie said...

....me too! i hate to admit that i miss the BV life, but i do :(

jkmace said...

Just remember that soon enough life will pick up! I lived that way for 4 years...it can be very hard on you! email me and we can chat! As far as a good book, once you email me you can join goodreads! I love it! A book I would highly recommend is "the thirteenth tale" by diane setterfield, I still love it and read it last spring! Great twists are in store! good luck and email me!

Susan said...

This is Dad. OK, Let me clear something up. First, I don't blog, so it was more like the pot's spouse calling the kettle black. Second, I got on Mom's case as well for not updating in a timely manner. Third, when family is so far away, we just want to hear anything, even the mundane, everyday routine stuff. It helps us stay connected. We love you guys and are looking forward to seeing you in November.