Monday, September 29, 2008

Anna's Birthday

Anna's birthday started Friday night when we went to one of the last Orioles games. Anna was a little jealous that Jared got to go to a game with Kevin a few weeks ago so she requested going to a baseball game for her birthday. Since the Orioles aren't any good this year tickets are pretty cheep ($1.00) we went ahead and bought the tickets. We rode the Metro into down town and walked to Camden Yards. Anna's favorite part was dancing to the music they play in between batters. The game ended up getting rained out in the 7th inning and we went home early, but it was still lots of fun. Anna designed her cake herself and took a lot of pride in the out come. I did help with the frosting with constant supervision. Saturday morning Anna wakes me up and says with a smile, "I really, really, really want to open my presents now." We ended up making her wait till after lunch. Every half hour she would ask if it was time to open presents yet, but that was probably because we put all her presents out for display on the kitchen counter (shameless!) She really wanted to have a pj party so she stayed in her pj's all day.

She was really excited about her gifts from grandmas and grandpas and she said thank you thank you after she opened each present. She is so fun and full of all kinds of personality. We love her so much and are glad she had a great birthday.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

I love the pictures of Anna opening her presents, she is so cute :)

Susan said...

Oh my, those are the best pictures ever. I feel like I was right there. It was fun to see that Jared was so happy and excited for her. Thank you for sharing Anna's B-day with us. Tell Anna I really liked her cake - good job!
Love you all, Mom

jkmace said...

she looks SO happy to have her presents!!!Remember they do grow up VERY fast!! I like to say in a blink of an eye.
My kids will be at homecoming by fault. I personally didn't know about it till this weekend. We are going to try and finish our house up and get it on the market. It is also our anniversary weekend.

katie said...

i want a pj party!!! or a stay in bed all day party!!!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

She is one peppy little girl - too cute & sounds like one fun birthday!