Tuesday, August 12, 2008

WALMART

Ok so I know when we hear Walmart we have all kinds of preconceived notions like cheep quality, big industry destroying all the ma and pop stores, or we think of all the questionable political parties they support. Well, maybe you don't, but when Walmart is the only store within an hour you tend to think about these things. We use to complain all the time that we only had Walmart as an option when we lived in Buena Vista. "What I wouldn't do for a Target or a Vons, or a Mall or anything." I use to say. Well, now that I'm surrounded (literally Food Lion is in my back yard) by tons and tons of shopping options and all I really want is a Super Walmart! What a pain to have to make two to three stops just get get things we need. ALDI's for milk, Target for socks, Food Lion for food and laundry soap. Not to mention the gas it takes driving all over town to these places. You can forget it I'm not buying. (I know poor use of play on words) All I really want now that I could have anything is a WALMART! I've been asking around and looking on line for a Super Walmart and I finally found one! Yeah! About 15-20 minutes away in Cockeysville. The drive is beautiful back roads through horse country. Jared and Anna spent the drive counting how many horses they could find. The Super is a new store and I can't tell you how refreshing it was to walk in and fill up my cart with all those Great Value products. Even the kids were excited to be around the familiar running up and down the isles. So no more complaining from me about living in a huge city where I don't know anyone and everyone is rude and in a hurry because I have WALMART! I know it is crazy and probably a little simple minded but what can I say I thrive in the familiar.

8 comments:

Chapman Family said...

Tiffany, I totally agree with you. It was a huge adjustment for me when we moved from BV. I love my Super Walmart and that's all there is to it!! The only thing better in Super Target!

katie said...

yeah for as much as i hate, hate, hate walmart in my surroundings and have vowed to never step foot into ours...i remember the good old days of my grand adventures to walmart and practically living in there for our amusement :) and comedy.

oh the good old days are starting to sound so much better than the bla that i've got myself into lately!!!

Anonymous said...

Tiff-So funny! I have to admit, Walmart is the first thing I found once we moved here. Ours isn't Super--it's like a 1/2 super (there is some food, but not a full grocery store), but I still get what I can from them before I have to go somewhere else.

Rinez said...

DITTO! So glad you found your comfort zone!

Tiana said...

So funny but so very very true! Hopefully you are having a great time in MD.

Shellie said...

I love our Super Walmart, too! I won't make more than one trip- especially if I have Gwen with me. I forgot- where in MD are you? Beau's family lives up there and he grew up near D.C. Hope you're doing well. :)

Shellie (Pomeroy) Person

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

It looks like you are all adjusting...I remember that we had a 20 mile drive to our nearest Wal-mart & we made an adventure out of it every couple of months! Funny how we need certain things to feel normal/comfortable! The kids sure look as though they are having fun!

Julie said...

I can only imagine the adjustment you are having to go through right now! We just moved into our house and we are only one town away. It's still hard. Good luck with everything!!