Monday, August 25, 2008

1st Day of School


We woke up early to take Kevin to the Metro around 7:00am. When we got home The kids had some breakfast and we got Jared ready for school. The bus picks up right at the entrance of our complex which is very convenient. Jared was a little nervous, but when he got home he was beaming from ear to ear. He really loves school. He had art today (his favorite subject) and discovered there are two recesses in 1st grade. Nothing gets better than that. He says his teacher is really nice and that he is lucky because he gets to sit at the only non girl table. He can't wait for tomorrow.

7 comments:

jkmace said...

I am so glad that Jared loved it! I am hoping that Maggie loves it that much!!

katie said...

remember those days of "non boy tables" and "recess" and "jump rope"???
i am glad that he had such a great day:)

Charity said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
THE PARKS: said...

WOW!! 1st Grade!! He's growing up fast fast fast. Way to go Jared!! I still remember the smells of when I first started school. The smell of the bus, the smell of lunch being prepared as we entered the building, and the smell of fall. My favorite time of year. I'm excited for Rafe when he starts school. It's fun and exciting to watch then grow and learn.

Susan said...

Jared I am so glad you are off to a great start at your new school. By the way, you look so handsome! I wish I could hug you and squeeze you tight!
Love, love, love you.
Grandma

Coleen said...

Just wanted to drop a line and say hello to you all! Looks like you're enjoying your new place...Becoming Marylanders! Are you eating Old Bay on everything yet? Eventually you will! I love it on fries! :) Hope we can catch up with you soon.

Anonymous said...

And how is Anna adapting now that big brother is in school? I'll bet Kevin is plenty busy with studying too huh?