Friday, October 26, 2007

"What was that?!"


I promise I keep my house clean! Anyone who has known me for any amount of time knows that I am somewhat of a neat freak so why (more importantly how) do we get rodents in our house. I for one would like to blame the male college students that rent out our basement, but oddly enough they keep it pretty clean down stairs. Anyway, Kevin and I were watching T.V. the other night when something grey darts into our media room and hides behind the T.V. Imagine if you will a grown 31 year old, 6'4", 200 plus pound male jumping as high as possible from his reclined position on the floor to the lounger behind him crouched on his feet and asking over and over, "What was that?!" His 27 year old, 5'8", not relevant pound wife on the opposite side of the room jumping on the couch clutching her chest (asthma) telling herself over and over, "It can't be!" Well folks it was a little cute (if it weren't for the nasty germs and diseases) grey mouse. Two hours later, and with some help from Bayden, we were able to get the mouse out of the house (alive). It was quite the process involving removing all the furniture in the room and propping up cushions to help trap the little guy. I'm sure if we would have had our video camera on we would have won America's funniest home videos. This is an after picture. Kevin is holding the blanket and bowl used to capture mousey. Since then we have narrowed down where they are living (outside on the back porch) and have caught a few more. We think this one got in our house while I was doing the laundry. Needless to say I close the door to the porch when I'm doing the laundry.

1 comment:

Ryan and Lacey said...

I laughed so hard reading this! In the process of renovating our house we caught over six mice...and one of them was the fattest thing I had ever seen! It's always nice to get them out though! Sound like quite the adventure!