Tuesday, September 1, 2009

School!!!!


The first day of school for Jared finally arrived. He has been anxious to start the new year. We bought his supplies from the classroom list a few weeks ago and they have been sitting in the corner like a neon sign flashing "SCHOOL"

Don't get me started on the supply list. This year we had an activity fee on top of the supply list. I find it absolutely ridiculous (sorry to all those teachers out there) that we have to supply the schools with paper, glue sticks, crayons, markers, scissors, wipes, tissue, etc.... I mean we already pay money in taxes for the schools. I guess instead of taxes going to where it should go I can take comfort in the fact that it is actually going to good causes in the private sector (ie. bailouts) insert sarcasm. Anyway, back to the main event. Jared was excited to start school this year. He is going to a new school this year. It is a Magnet school for multi age learning. We have to drive him everyday (I miss the bus!), but so far we are enjoying the extra time in the car to visit and sing to the radio.

Before I dropped him off I told him I couldn't wait to hear all about his new school. He sighed and said, "Oh man! That means a lot of questions doesn't it?" I just laughed. After he jumped in the car I asked him how his day went and he exclaimed, "It was awesome!" And then didn't stop talking until we were home 20 minutes later. Can't wait to see what this new school year will bring.

3 comments:

St. Julien's said...

Its going to be so crazy sending kids off to school. How do you not go sneak into the corner and watch their whole day!! Amen about the taxes garbage, it makes me want to scream and punch things:)

The Wilsons said...

So glad it's off to a good start! Tomorrow is a "Sneak-a-Peek" day for Enderly; Kaylin is excited. It's off to school officially next week!

Funny that I was just commenting to my mother about supply lists the other day...argh!!! But we'll not go there... :)

The Mahaffey Family said...

Yea! He loves his new school. What a great feeling!