Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Good Bye Buena Vista

Ok so I know this is a little sad and sentimental, but I watched Steel Magnolias the other day and it put me in this kind of mood. I'm going to have a little count down from now until the time we leave of what I love and will miss the most about Buena Vista. Kevin and I have lived here on and off for the past ten years and we have both grown to love this place and the people who live here. So todays item is our house. This is the first house we ever bought and have we have put lots of work into improving it. When we first bought the house we refinished the basement. We tore out some walls and built new ones. Redid all the flooring and paint. We also had some electrical fixes to make. It was a lot of work but it payed off. Since the initial revamp of the basement we have had some "normal" wear and tear projects that have kept us busy. Our other major projects included remodeling the bathroom and refinishing the hardwood floors upstairs. We have painted the whole house a couple of times including our knotty pine paneling. We added a veggie garden in the back yard and have had a few different landscaping projects here and there. It is an older house with many problems that come with an older house, but we made it ours and I am really going to miss it. One positive thing is that we have decided not to sell the house. We are going to rent it out that way if I can convince Kevin to move back to Buena Vista we will still have a house to come back to. But in the meantime I will miss 2027 Maple Ave, Buena Vista, VA 24416.

1 comment:

katie said...

Oh...I am so excited for the countdown posts! I had the same emotions when I graduated and had to pack up and move out of our BV main street home...remember where we lived...I admit that I do have those secret desires to move back to a slow, small town like BV for my kids to grow up in...

I love it!