Thursday, April 3, 2008

Soccer Game

Buena Vista has started its own soccer league. There are three teams in Jared's age group. I'm coaching his team. I must say that it is a lot easer to coach at the college level than at the peewee level. The kids are enthusiastic though. Here are some pictures of Jared playing in his game. They don't have uniforms yet, they will come next week. My favorite picture is this one. I think it depicts a typical peewee soccer game. All the kids crowded around the ball kicking it into each other.
Jared is the tallest on the team and really the tallest one out on the field. He loves playing (who wouldn't). The other day we had to cancel a game due to rain and he did his best to try to convince me that no one would care if it was raining and 40 degrees outside.
Waiting for the game to get started. The little girl in this picture is in Jared's Kindergarden class and he just loves her. They play at school everyday and when we arrive for soccer practice she is the first person he looks for. The other day he said, "Oh, there is Grayson. Isn't she the most beautiful?" I gave him a double take look and he got really embarrassed. I just thought it was cute because he really enjoys her friendship. I wont worry about him and girls just yet.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just laughed my head off. I can so picture the look on your face as you give your son the "double take" Too funny!

Heather said...

hey glad to hear you are still coaching!!!

Anonymous said...

Jared sounds so funny! I love all the cute pictures of the kids. Thanks for sharing. :)

katie said...

rock on Coach Parks!!

katie said...

there is nothing better then a good game of soccer!!

Shellie said...

Hi, Parks family! It's been a long time! :) You have a beautiful family and I hope we can keep in better touch. I gathered from your Facebook page that you're moving to Baltimore? Beau and I love Baltimore. We lived outside of DC for two years, and Beau's family is still in Maryland. I hope all goes well for you.

Shellie
shellieperson@yahoo.com

Street Family said...

Hi Tiffany-
It's been soooo long!!! I was told to get on here b/c I am looking for our classmates for our upcoming reunion. I don't know what I am doing so I don't have pictures and all the fun stuff others have. I had fun looking at you and your family...You have a beautiful family!!! Hope all is well. Take Care.
xoxo Tracy
If you are interested in our reunion go to
highlandhigh1998@yahoo.com