Saturday, February 26, 2011

Chores

There is a saying that goes something like "a lazy mom does everything for her children" If this is true then I am that mom. I've always liked things tidy and I've always done all the cleaning, but I've realized that my kids have no idea how to put anything away and Kevin has no idea where anything is in the house. So this Saturday I put everyone to work. Things took a lot longer to get done and it wasn't exactly the way I'd do it, but my kids learned how to clean a toilet and Kevin discovered where the camping supplies were kept.


Jared and Anna had to both clean out their rooms and it was interesting to see how they tackled their rooms. Jared was quick and was more interested in checking it off his list as done than getting a clean room.

Anna's approach was to pull everything out into organized piles and then put it all back in its place.

Maybe things will stay cleaner now they know what it takes to get it clean

5 comments:

Susan said...

Good job - put those kids to work! Kids and chores are like ice cream and cake - they just go together.
Mom

Rinez said...

You did good! After all, they help get it dirty, so they should help clean it up! Ditto to what your mom said!

Britty said...

I thought the whole reason we had kids was so that we didn't have to do chores anymore!!! LOL

THE PARKS: said...

Tiff, you have inspired me!!! I do the same thing. It's faster and easier to just do it yourself. I guess I am the lazy mom, too. Get it done fast so I can have some me time to do other things. I guess I need to start letting them clean something other than their toys. However, Rafe makes Finn clean with him when I have asked Rafe to clean up his toys and the sweet thing is, Finn will actually end up cleaning more than Rafe. Rafe likes to help me with the dishes so he can hose down everything and play with the water....so more a mess than anything. *sigh* Love you!!!

Www.hotwheels24.blogspot.com said...

xxxxx