Monday, April 26, 2010

Gardening and Trashcans?

Funny story. The other day we are at Home Depot picking out some veggies and some pots to plant them in. We pick out a few tomato plants and some pots for them to grow in. Nothing fancy just your old fashioned plastic flower pots.

We let Anna and Jared pick their own plant and a pot as well. Jared had some seeds from a scout activity he needed to plant and Anna picked out a strawberry plant. When it came to choosing a pot for Anna's plant we asked her if she wanted one like the the ones we had for our tomato plants. She, without hesitation, scrunches up her nose and says, "No way! I don't want one that looks like a trashcan!" Kevin and I lost it. We couldn't stop laughing. Maybe it's only funny if you know Anna, but we seriously could not stop. Anna ended up picking out a regular looking terracotta pot that we will paint someday.

Don't you just love her do it yourself outfit and hairdo? This is a girl who knows what she wants and does not settle for anything less. She is one of a kind!

5 comments:

Julie said...

That's so adorable! Love a girl who has style and knows what she wants! hahaha

byoung said...

tiffany

i am glad you found my blog, visit anytime. you look like you have an awesome family too!
becca

Susan said...

I love and independent (miniature) woman! She has the perfect parents for her unique self. I know you will cherish her every day.
Mom

joanie fairbank said...

So funny! I love how kids say just what they think!

Chelsie said...

Oh that is so adorable;). I don't have a girl and I OFTEN wonder what it would be like. My boys only requirement so far is that their shirts have writing on them. WRITING? And if there is a "super hero" I'm golden. I love your gardening pots!