Sunday, January 24, 2010

Walking

Kevin asks me the other day, "Do you think we will ever have a baby that is happy to sit still?" I look around the table at Jared who walked at 8.5 months and hasn't stopped, Anna who walked at 9 months and hasn't stopped, Audrey who sat up on her own at 4 months and can't stand to be strapped in her car seat or high chair even to eat food. "I don't really think we get those kind of kids" was my reply. "Is it us? Do we make them the way they are?" asks Kevin. "I don't know, but I'm not sure what we could have done differently to slow them down. If they want to move then they are just going to move" was my answer. Little did I know that within 24 hours of that comment Audrey would decide she was ready to move. So at 9.5 months we have another walker in the family.

8 comments:

Dan and Katie said...

isnt that really really soon for walking!?!

Rinez said...

Unbelievable. She's so little, but you're used to that, aren't you! Have fun. The chase is on!!!

The Wilsons said...

Wow! Oh...good luck! I am glad that my kids wait a little longer to do that... :)

Whitni Watkins said...

Well I think its you two. Kevin was a basketball player and you soccer, running sports. By the way cute video.

Tiana said...

I agree...I think it's you guys. :) Just so athletic that your kids have it in them to be on the move. Plus you both are awesome parents that fill them with the desire to learn about everything and they want to figure it out. That is awesome she is walking...I bet it keeps you oh so very busy. Love from AZ.

Julie said...

It always blows me away when babies walk that young, and you've had three?!?! How fun!! I love when they start to walk, then they don't seem to get as dirty and sick.

What a cutie!!

Jennifer said...

How cute. Guinevere is almost 14m and is still not walking. Sometimes I think that my last two have been a bit too content to just sit and watch what was going on. Too bad we don't live closer, maybe we could get the best of both worlds by trading kids for a few days. :)

Becky said...

Hmmm...can't decide which is better. An early walker or, in London's case, a slug. She's totally content just laying there like a sack of potatoes.