Sunday, December 20, 2009

SNOW!

Wish I had the camera to take pictures of the three feet of snow we got yesterday, but Kevin has it in Alaska this weekend (more on that later). So, the biggest snow fall over a 24 hour period for Maryland in about 30 years happened yesterday. As I look out the front window for our van all I see is a big marshmallow. I can't even open the back door for the 2-3 feet of snow that would come tumbling into the house. The kids played out in it yesterday, even Audrey who by the way is NOT a fan. Church was canceled today so we are spending another day staying warm and toasty inside. I think our Home Teachers might come over and attempt to dig out our marshmallow car since Kevin is out of town and doesn't get back till late tonight.
Kevin went for a fast trip to Alaska to visit his Grandma. Her health is failing and he wanted the chance to express his love and appreciation for her in person one last time. I sent the camera with him so he could take pictures of all the cousins, aunts, uncles, grandmas, and grandpas we don't get a chance to see often. I'm sure there will be a post with pictures from that trip to come. In the mean time we remain berried in snow here in Maryland.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It is during the winter that I am so glad we live in Arizona. I hope this storm does not do much damage, and that you all stay warm.

Rinez said...

Thankful you have a toasty warm place to be in that kind of weather.