Monday, October 13, 2008

Really Fun Weekend

The weekend started on Friday at Jared's school. He was chosen by his teacher as a Terrific Kid that displays responsibility. We went to an assembly where they honored the Terrific Kids and Jared got to give a speech. His teacher wrote it out for him and he read it all by himself. I was so nervous for him, but he did a really great job. This is what his teacher wrote: "Hello, my name is Jared Parks and I am a terrific kid. Mrs. Kachura chose me because I am responsible in the classroom. I always try my best on my class work and when I make a mistake I work hard to fix it. I never talk when Mrs. Kachura is talking. I set a good example for my friends when I follow directions. This is why I am a terrific Kid."


Following the assembly we drove down to Buena Vista for SVU Homecoming. We saw a lot of old friends from school and old friends from the town. Homecoming happened to be on the same weekend as Mountain Days. MD is a fun all day event that is held downtown where their are all kinds of vendors, treats, and fun games for the kids. We spent the morning walking downtown and visiting with are old friends and neighbors.
Later we went to the SVU football game. The kids got their faces painted and Anna got to go down with the cheerleaders (groan) and help cheer for the team. She was of course in heaven.


Later that night Kevin played the the alumni Basketball game. The old men lost, but no one got hurt this year. Some of the old boys that came back were, Ross (Gary Ross) (and Ellen), Killer (Ryan Killinger), Hindu(Ryan Henderson) (and Carla), Emilliano, and Kevin.

We stayed for church on Sunday and then drove back to MD later that night. It was so nice to visit with old friends. We hope to get back down there soon.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Jared, congrats on being selected a 'Terrific Kid' in your class. You deserve it! Sounds like a fun weekend! BV looks so charming with the street fair adorned by fall colored trees. What a great town. Kevin, I can't believe your team lost - that bench looked powerful. LOL
Love to all, Mom

jkmace said...

Congrats goes out to Jared!
I so wish we could have joined you at homecoming some day we will found out about it soon enough to make plans, rather than the week of. Glad to see you had fun!Kim

katie said...

good job jared!

it's odd to think of SVU and chearleaders and football games!?!
do you remember when nancy and i dressed up like chearleaders for one of the guys games???

oh boy!